About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to one of the most experienced Reaktor Nizhnekamsk players and 2018 Junior Hockey League bronze medalist forward Ilya Paranin.
- My mother and grandmother decide on my diet. I like their cooking. My favorite meal is fried potatoes with chicken.
- Unfortunately, I don’t have a pet but I dream of getting a dog.
- I enjoy spending my days off out fishing. Spending time in the country is good for my soul and it gives me energy.
- I want to visit USA and Canada. Canada is home of hockey so many players are interested in it. As for Europe, I would like to visit France, stroll down Paris and see the Eiffel Tower.
- Goal is my favorite movie. I would recommend it to everyone so that people would give up on their dreams and kept moving forward. Perhaps, some would find the movie motivating. As for TV series, I would recommend Brigada.
- I don’t any preferences in music. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Proche by Kashin.
- I’m a calm, balanced and goal-driven kind of guy. I have good work ethic and I do my best to finish what I started.
- I’m always motivated on gamedays but sometimes it gets difficult. Either the game isn’t going my way or something doesn’t work for me. When it happens I just try to calm down and do at least one good thing on the ice to regain confidence.
- A real man actually just has to be a responsible and decent person.
- From my parents I inherited such important qualities as sense of humor and communicability.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I look at is how they take care of themselves and how they look.
- I’m superstitious. I’m not going to elaborate on that, I’m going to keep it to myself.
- I believe, I’m a gambler on the ice but I wouldn’t say that about myself off the ice.
- I wear whatever I feel comfortable in. I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s fashion.
- I prefer athletic wear in everyday life. I like grey, black and white clothes.
- Kenzo is my favorite perfume. I really like the scent.
- I don’t grow beard. I don’t know if men need it or not.
- Right now I’m focused on hockey so I’m not in a serious relationship.
- I believe that children should find their call in life on their own. In any case, as a father, I would only support them. I’m not going to force anything on them.
- When I meet girls I almost never get a straight answer whether they like the face that I’m a hockey player or not.
Career and education
- I want to be a good hockey player so much that I have never given any thought to other options.
- I study at a sports university. Some of my classmates are my teammates so I know who I’m in class with (smiles).
Not a lot of people know that I had a sister born recently. Our age difference is 20 years. She’s my biggest fan now.