In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with 17-year-old JHC Atlant Moscow Region goaltender Platon Zadorozhny.
- I do my best to eat as healthy as possible. I always opt for healthy foods and follow a diet. I don’t have a favorite cuisine but Ribeye steak is my favorite meal.
- I don’t pets, only an aquarium with fish. Sometimes my sister comes over with her dog.
- Usually I spend my days off with my friends and family. I enjoy watching movies. I read books less often, only if I’m certain there’s an exciting plot or it’s useful. I like to go to the seaside for vacation. Surfing, water scooters – that’s a little passion of mine. I like water sports.
- In the future I dream to make a trip around the world. Travel through different states in America, visit Cuba and Brazil. I have been to many countries but I have never been to South America. It would be exciting to see how people live there.
- My friends and I never get bored. We enjoy riding quads, going to the movies and sauna.
- I don’t have a certain favorite movie and TV series. Recently, I watched Guy Ritchie’s Gentlemen and really enjoyed it. As for TV series, I would point out Peaky Blinders with charismatic Cillian Murphy.
- I listen to whatever music I’m in the mood for. I don’t have any preferences in genres. The latest song I have added to my playlist was Gangsta’s Paradise by Coolio.
- I’m a direct person. I always say what I think straight up and without flattering. If I have decided on something, it’s difficult to change my mind.
- I work hard and I love my job. I have never felt so tired that I wouldn’t want to get out of bed and go to the rink. Gameday is always fun for me.
- A real man above all must be honest and be responsible for his actions. It’s important to be a responsible person.
- I have inherited the best qualities from my parents – humaneness and good upbringing. I’m grateful to them for a lot of things, including that they taught me how to act decently in any situation.
- I believe I’m a gambler. If I get into something, I can’t stop. But I will never gamble for money. I’m a gambler in the good sense of the word (smiles).
- NHL players are my role models when it comes to fashion. Especially, the way they come to the games. Notice how great they look.
- I’m a versatile person and it shows in the way I dress. Obviously, my style largely depends on the event I’m attending and my mood. I can wear casual but I can also opt for classics.
- I always dress official for the games. Coaches often smile when they see me. But most important is that I like the way I dress.
- Armani Eau De Cedre is my favorite perfume.
- I’m one of those people who prefer not to disclose their personal life. In my opinion, personal should remain personal.
- Honesty is the most important thing for me in a relationship.
- I believe that a girl has to make her man happy and inspire him. When a man has wings behind him, he’s able to do great things.
- If my son is going to be interested in hockey, I’m going to sign him up for hockey school. I would definitely not sign up my daughter for the sport.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would do something in the business world. I think sports and business have a lot in common.
- I study online at a university. I’m majoring in sports management. Good education is important in today’s world, although there are other aspects, which will help you to build a successful career.
One time when I was swimming I was hit by a wave and it threw me against a rock. Nothing terrible happened but I hit some sharp-ended corrals. While I was trying to swim back, I got hit by another wave. I came home and my parents almost fainted when they saw my body covered by scars. We look back with a smile at that now but back then there was nothing funny about it.