In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with of the top JHC Dynamo St. Petersburg players and top goal-scorer of Junior Hockey League’s 11th season Dmitry Rashevsky.
- Our team doctor decides on my diet. On summer vacation I try to control my eating and weight myself. I like Georgian and Italian cuisines. My favorite meal is dolma with garlic sauce.
- I have a pet. It’s a British cat named Eshik.
- I like to stay active on my days off. I like to bike around St. Petersburg and play active games.
- I dream of visiting Israel, India and USA. I would like to see the sights and see how people live in those countries. I have heard a lot about the nature of India and vacations on Goa. I would very much like to visit an NHL game in the USA. I would like to walk around Jerusalem and Tel-Aviv in Israel. They say that those towns are ones of the most beautiful in the Middle East.
- My friends and I usually hang out at Vasilyevsky Island. We like to stroll down there.
- My favorite movie is Inception. I was impressed by Leonardo Di Caprio’s acting. As for TV shows, I would point out Breaking Bad. If you haven’t watched it yet, I suggest you do. All five seasons are easily to follow.
- I listen to all kinds of music, even classical. The latest track I have added to my playlist was The Rhythm Of The Night by Corona.
- I’m a calm guy, I don’t cause trouble. I’m a gambler when it comes to sports and friendly. As for my downsides, I can say that sometimes I lack emotions that are necessary at times.
- I’m a hard worker. I wake up in great mood on gamedays and go to the rink like it’s a holiday. I have never felt like not wanting to get up to play hockey.
- I believe that a real man must be honorable, self-sufficient and charismatic. These three qualities are precious for every man.
- From my parents I inherited composure and self-confidence. I believe in myself, in what I do and my success.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I look at is their teeth and sense of humor (laughs). It’s important to me.
- I’m not superstitious. I don’t think there’s a need for that.
- American rapper Blueface is my role model when it comes to men’s attire. As for Dynamo, I think Danya Paranichev is the most stylish. I like how he dresses.
- I always pay attention to shoe brands because I like expensive and quality shoes. As for clothes I choose it by its looks. There are a lot of white, black and red clothes in my wardrobe. I prefer athletic wear.
- I can’t say I have a favorite perfume. The most thing for a perfume is to smell good.
- I can’t grow beard due to my young age so I don’t grow it.
Career and education
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have chosen to be in arts. I would work in the theatre or movies. I like arts.
- I study at Lesgaft University. I’m in my third year. I do my best to go to classes on my days off and keep up with the studies.
- Higher education is an important component in today’s world. It’s difficult to find a good high-paying job because everyone is looking primarily for qualified specialists.
Not a lot of people know that I’m a bog bowling fan and Russian sauna with real logs. I try to rest in a healthy way on my days off.