About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to one of the top players of Belye Medvedi Chelyabinsk. 19-year-old forward Arkady Aksyonov shared a lot of interesting facts about himself.
- I do my best to eat healthy. I’m a bad cook myself, so it’s my parents who decide on my diet. I’m not picky when it comes to food. Grilled meat is my favorite meal.
- I don’t have any pets, but I like miniature dogs such as Yorkshire terrier. Although, I didn’t have a chance to own one yet.
- I like to stay active in my spare time and go to the countryside with my friends. Sometimes I spend my time reading books. I like reading athletes’ biographies.
- I dream of visiting Switzerland, Italy and USA. I have heard a lot of nice things about Switzerland. I would like to climb the mountains myself. I dream of visiting Rome in Italy, see its architecture, try its pizza and pasta. As for USA, I would like just to see how people live across the ocean.
- Brigada is my favorite TV-series of all-time. I was really moved by the story about friendship. Hangover is one of my favorite movies. I watched the whole series. I like actors like Daniil Kozlovsky and Brad Pitt. I follow the careers.
- I’m a music fiend and the designated DJ on our team (laughs). I listen to all music genres. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Uragan by Guf.
- I’m a person with a backbone. I’m a hard worker, I’m positive, open and friendly. Obviously, there are certain downsides – I’m a sore loser and I can lose my temper. Although, I have learned to control myself.
- It’s always a great pleasure for me to go to the game. That’s why I have never felt too tired to play.
- A real man must be brave and manlike, he must answer for his actions and deeds.
- From my parents I inherited perseverance, kindness and sense of humour.
- When I meet a person for the first time, first thing I look at is the way they talk and act towards those around them.
- I’m not superstitious but I have a certain routine before I step onto the ice.
- To be honest with you, I follow fashion trends but I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire.
- I prefer athletic wear. I’m not set on certain brands but my wardrobe is full of clothes of light colors.
- Paco Rabanne One Million is my favorite perfume.
- My beards grows very slowly so I prefer shaving it.
- My ideal girlfriend is tall, slim, with a great sense of humor, easy to talk to, loving and with great culinary skills.
- I can’t stand lying so in order not to disappoint me, my girlfriend should abstain from lying and deceiving.
- If I’m going to have a son, it’s likely I’m going to sign him up for hockey and share my experience with him.
Career and education
- If it weren’t for hockey in my life, I would have been a soccer player or a beat-maker.
- I study at South Ural State University. I’m majoring in sports. I do my best to come to classes.
- I believe the most important thing is not the status of being a student and getting a higher education but having the mind in the right place and everything that goes with it.
- In my second Junior Hockey League season there was a funny story. I chipped the puck out of the zone on a penalty kill, it changed the trajectory and went into the net of Snezhnye Barsy [Nur-Sultan] with a goaltender in it. I didn’t see the puck going in because I was skating to the bench and then all of a sudden my teammates and coaching staff started congratulating me. It was so unexpected!