About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with SKA-1946 and SKA-Neva forward, Junior Hockey League silver and bronze medalist, one of St. Petersburg leaders and new Junior Hockey League alumnus Vladislav Tsitsyura.
- I have lived with my girlfriend for two years already. She decides on my diet. I have breakfast at home and lunch is usually at the rink. I mostly eat pasta with chicken and cheese. My loved one and I often go to Asian cuisine restaurants. We like rolls and sushi.
- I have a dog. He’s 18 months old. His name is Shatik, he’s a corgi. We named him Shastik because in Super Family cartoon there is a hero who looks like him. He always runs around, never gets tried, he’s playful and positive all the time.
- I usually spend weekends with my family because due to road games we rarely get a chance to hang out. I also love videogames, especially online team games where you need to compete against other people.
- When it comes to foreign countries I’m mostly interested in USA, Switzerland and Netherlands. I would very much like to visit these countries, see their sights and, perhaps, even live there for a while to soak in the atmosphere.
- Almost all of my friends are hockey players so I get to spend a lot of time with them at practices, games and road trips.
- My favorite movies are Law-Abiding Citizen, and I, Legend. Favorite actors are Gerard Butler and Tom Hardy. As for TV-series I would only recommend Russian shows such as Offside – it’s about soccer and Russian sports backstage – and Rich Kid, if you’re into crime series.
- I listen to Russian and foreign music all the same. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Travis Scott – The Scotts. It’s on top of the charts in many countries.
- I believe I have a difficult personality. My mood is prompt to sudden changes. I think it’s one of my downsides. But at the same time I’m honest and have good manners. My main positive trait is perseverance. When I need something, I will definitely get it.
- I never feel like not going to the game. It’s a must. It has become my job but at the same time it’s my favorite thing in the world. So there is no room for not wanting any of it.
- A real man must be an example for his family and provide for it. He also need to be the best friend. Family needs to be safe and most importantly happy.
- From my father I inherited my sports traits. He used to be a soccer player and achieve certain results. As for my mother, from her I inherited perseverance, work ethic and much more. I’m grateful to my parents for my upbringing and investing their best qualities in me.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I pay attention to is how they talk and how they handle conversation. Everything else is not as important at the first meeting.
- I don’t want to be superstitious. Sometimes certain coincidences do occur and it makes me wonder that there might be a reason for that.
- I’m a gambler but I know my limit. I always know when it’s time to stop. I have never and will never cross the line of reason.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I dress modestly myself. I often sport my club colors. As for SKA system, I would say Daniil Miromanov has the most swagger. He played in Canadian leagues and dresses stylishly.
- I prefer bright colors but I don’t care for brands. There are a lot of blue clothes in my wardrobe and our team equipment is blue as well. The color suits me.
- Beard doesn’t suit me. When it grows out, it looks like I have dirt on my face, so I shave moustache and beard.
- My better half is very positive on the hockey. She doesn’t miss a single game and always supports me. Her name is Maria. We met at a hockey game as weird as it sounds. She came to the game wither girlfriend and I was injured at the time. We sat next to each other in the stands and that’s how it all began.
- My serious relationship doesn’t affect my professional career. It’s not an obstacle. I do well on my own. I have to deal with my own problems and take care of them myself.
- I’m not going to impose my interests neither on my son, nor on my daughter. Whatever my kids want to do, it’s their choice. I don’t see a point in enforcing them into something they don’t like. That approach won’t amount to anything. There is no progress without desire.
Career and education
- If it weren’t for hockey, it would have taken me a long time to find myself, most likely. I would have tried different stuff until I got hooked on something.
- The more money you make, the higher the quality of life of your family. You can’t make all the money in the world. You just have to spend it wisely and always strive to get higher.
- I study at Lesgaft University and go to every class when I have the time. All of my classmates are my teammates so I know all of them.
- Everyone needs to get a higher education, although these days it seems that even people without education can go pretty far.