About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with a defenseman Mikhail Bogdashkin who is one of the leaders and the top-scorer of Kuznetskie Medvedi.
- I decide myself on my diet because I live by myself. Usually I just eat whatever I want. I can’t really say what my favorite meal is. There are a lot of good and tasty meals, it’s difficult to choose just one.
- I have a pet. It’s a dog of Yorkshire terrier breed. Her name is Sandra.
- I prefer relaxing vacations. A lot depends on my mood. I can read a book if I want to watch TV.
- When I meet with my friends we usually go to Sheregesh [a village in Tashtogolsky county of Kemerovo Region, known for its ski resort]. If you can’t go there, we just hang out at my place.
- Italy is the country I would like to visit. I would love to see it’s beauty, architecture and landmarks. I would like to stroll down Venice and see Rome.
- I don’t have a favorite movie. I like TV-series Sherlock. It’s a very interesting and exciting British series with a talented cast.
- I listen to all kinds of music. It all depends on my mood. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Na More by Verbee.
- I’m an open and communicative person. My main trait is insistence on high standards, including for myself.
- I have good work ethic. Never in my career have I felt like not going to the game. I always want to play. After all, it’s what I love the most!
- A real man must be honest and strong, and most importantly real without any flattery and lies.
- From my parents I have inherited only the best and necessary values and manners to deal with other people. I’m grateful to them for my upbringing.
- When I meet a new person, the first thing I look at is how they talk, what they talk about and how they act towards others.
- I’m not really superstitious but sometimes something good happens before the game. Then I try to replicate it and have the exact same day.
- I’m a gambler but only on the ice.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. My mom taught me to dress well. Sergei Yudin is the most stylish player on Kuznetskie Medvedi. You should definitely take a closer look at him.
- I pay attention to clothing brands. I like quality clothes. My color is black. It predominates in my wardrobe. I prefer to wear classics rather than athletic wear.
- Versace eau fraiche is my favorite perfume.
- I don’t grow beard. I’m not sure if the girls like bearded men or not. Everybody has their own preferences.
- I have a girlfriend. Her name is Sofiya. She loves hockey and goes to every game. She studies, sings and dances. We met through mutual friends.
- Serious relationship is not an obstacle for me. It’s rather the exact opposite. I believe that a loved one can’t be in obstacle in your career and should motivate you to be successful.
- If I’m going to have a son and he’s going to want to play hockey, I’m going to sign him up for a hockey school but I’m not going to force it on him. But I’m definitely not signing up my daughter for hockey (laughs).
Career and studies
- There’s no definitive answer to how much money a man must earn. Everybody has their own needs. I know one thing – to provide for his family, a man must work a lot.
- I study at Novokuznetsk Academy of Olympic Reserve. I don’t really have the time to go to classes because of the road trips. I’m grateful to my teachers for their understanding.
- It’s very important to get a higher education in today’s world. This is the 21st century. Everyman must be versatile to achieve anything. This is why it’s a must.
Not a lot of people know that when I was eight years old I begged my parents to give me a brother for a whole year. A year later I asked them, ‘Come on, give me somebody’. A year after that my brother Arseny was born. I love him very much.