In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with Almaz Cherepovets forward and JHL Challenge Cup champion Vladislav Fyodorov.
- I decide on my diet myself. I like Russian cuisine. I like meat and potatoes with a side vegetable salad.
- I have a pet. It’s a cat named Barsik.
- I like to rest at home. I enjoy sleeping in and watching TV afterwards. Sometimes I can read a book.
- I dream of visiting Spain. I want to see the sights and architecture of the country and go to Madrid. Right now it’s the first country on my list to visit.
- My favorite movie is Gogol. I got hooked by its plot. Rublyovka Policeman is my favorite TV series. I like comedy series. Tom Hardy is the actor I’m impressed with the most.
- I don’t have a preferred music style. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Na Prochnost by Zhak Antony.
- I consider myself a kind and fun guy. My biggest upside is my perseverance, which helps me a lot in life. As for my biggest shortcoming – it’s my quick temper. I’m working on it.
- I’m a hard-working person. Hockey is my favorite thing. Every game is a party. That’s why I always get up in great mood on gamedays.
- A real man must first of all be responsible for his actions, be able to listen to others and provide for his family.
- Aside from perseverance, I also inherited boldness from my parents but only in the good sense of the word.
- These days I rarely get to meet new people. When it does happen, I pay attention to how the person begins the conversation with me and they way they look.
- I’m superstitious but mostly when it comes to hockey. You can consider me a superstitious person. For example, I never deal with money before the games.
- I’m a gambler only on the ice, not off the ice.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to man’s attire. I never copy anybody.
- I choose the clothes that I like and feel comfortable in so I don’t pay attention to brands. There are a lot of black clothes in my wardrobe. I don’t like bright colors. I like classics but usually go for athletic wear.
- I use different perfumes. It’s difficult for me to choose just one.
- I have a loved one. You can say, she is my ideal. She loves hockey and does her best to follow all of the games. I met her when we studied at the same school. So life brought us together.
- If my girlfriend doesn’t want to disappoint me, she shouldn’t have any bad habits and do something without consulting with me first. Trust is an important aspect of any relationship.
- If I’m going to have a son and he’s going to want to follow my footsteps, I’m not going to be against it. If not, he should choose another sport. But I would definitely not sign my daughter up for hockey.
Career and education
- I have never thought about what would I do if it weren’t for hockey. I would have just chosen another sport. I definitely wouldn’t do anything but sports.
- I study at a college now. It’s difficult to combine hockey and studies so I only go there for the tests. I’m grateful to my professors for their understanding. I don’t know my classmates.
- I’m in an injury-prone sport so education is a very important thing. You never know how life can turn and how long you can stay on the ice.
I was really afraid of water when I was a kid. When I was 4 years old I was given a bicycle. My parents put it in the river to lure me in. I had to go in to get the coveted present. I wasn’t afraid of water after that.