In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with JHC Dynamo St. Petersburg and top Western Conference goaltender in November Makar Chufarov. The netminder shared his musical and movie preferences, his character traits, dreams of becoming a doctor and much more.
- Our team doctor decides on my diet. I listen to him and eat what he says. Steak is my favorite meal.
- I don’t have pets but my fiancée has a dog.
- I like relaxing vacations. I dream of visiting Italy and enjoy its cultural and architectural sights, go to Rome and taste the real Italian cuisine.
- When I meet with my friends, we usually just stroll down St. Petersburg.
- My favorite movie is a French tragicomedy Intouchables. I enjoyed its plot and cast. I still enjoy works of Omar Sy.
- I’m a music fiend so I listen to all kinds of music. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.
- My biggest character assets is caring and kindness. I’m a fun and optimistic person. Sometimes I can be a bit grumpy and that’s my biggest shortcoming.
- I have a great work ethic. I have never felt like not going to the game.
- I inherited a bit of everything from my parents. I mean, it’s my parents so sometimes their genes are undeniable.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I look at is how they talk and how they act around other people.
- I’m not really superstitious but I have a few things I do.
- I’m a gambler but not all the time. Only when it comes to sports. Obviously, I’m not gambling for money.
- Mikhail Tepikin is my idol when it comes to men’s attire.
- I don’t pay attention to clothing brands. I have a lot of black and white clothes in my wardrobe. I prefer athletic wear in everyday life. I wear classics much more rarely.
- Bleu de Chanel is my favorite perfume.
- My fiancée’s name is Asya. He loves hockey. He roots for me and worries about me. She currently studies at a university.
- Serious relationship is not an obstacle in athletic career. It’s rather a necessity.
- When I’m going to have kids, I’m not going to force them into hockey. It’s going to be up to them.
Career and educcation
- If it weren’t for hockey in my life, I would have gone to a medical school and would have become a doctor. As a kid I dreamt of becoming one.
- I study at Lesgaft University of Physical Culture and Sports. I don’t have much time for studies but I do know my classmates.
Not a lot of people know that I’m a one-woman-only kind of guy.