About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with JHC Spartak Moscow forward Zakhar Shablovsky. He opens up about himself, his family and his hobbies.
- Spartak team doctor decides on my diet. My favorite meal is dumplings made by my mom.
- I hat a fat cat by the name of Pusya. Unfortunately, he’s pretty old.
- I like to stay active on vacation. I go to parks and amusement parks. When I go home in the summer, I usually spend my time at Yoshkar-Ola skating rink. I practice with my coach and his team. I help him out at practices. I like to spend time with benefits.
- I had dreamt of visiting Canada for a long time and it finally happened. Now I want to visit the USA.
- My friends and I usually go to the country for barbecue or hang out at a cottage.
- Legend #17 is my favorite movie. As for TV-series, I can vote for Real Boys. I like its plot.
- As for actors, I like Yuri Nikulin the best. He’s a truly great person and a talented actor.
- Basta is my favorite singer so most of the time I listen to his music. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Strashno Tak Zhit.
- I try my best to be a kind and caring person all the time. But sometimes I’m stubborn and audacious.
- I can sleep standing up so sometimes I don’t even have to get up to go to the game. I’m full of motivation to hit the ice and battle.
- From my parents I inherited the most important qualities – love and loyalty.
- I’m superstitious, that’s the way it is in hockey. I think a lot of athletes are superstitious.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I’m my own role model!
- I pay attention to clothing brands, it’s kind of my thing. There are a lot of black and red clothes in my wardrobe. I wear classics as well as athletic wear. It depends on the situation.
- Girls like me without a beard so I’m not really worried about whether it grows or not.
- There are no ideal people but the most important qualities I look for in a girl are love, caring for her loved ones in tough situations as well as in good ones.
- I’m in over my head with hockey so I can’t answer the question about what it’s like to be in a serious relationship.
- My girlfriend has to like hockey more than soccer to not make me sad. It’s my personal criteria (laughs)
- My son would have to decide himself if he’s going to play hockey or not. I think, it has to be in his blood but I’m not going to force it on him. I would rather sign my daughter up for figure skating.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have been a soccer player. My grandfather coached me to be a soccer goalkeeper my whole childhood. But I’m not sad that I turned out to be a hockey player.
- I’m getting a higher education in Moscow. I don’t know my classmates well. I know just this one girl and she helps me out a lot.
Not a lot of people know that aside from hockey I’m really into tennis. I invite my friends to play every chance I get.