About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with Chayka Nizhy Novgorod and Torpedo-Gorky forward Nikita Tomilov.
- Our team doctor decides on my diet. He has several menus for us. One is for gamedays and the other is for non-gamedays. Pasta carbonara is my favorite meal.
- I have never had a pet.
- I prefer to keep it simple and spend vacations at home. I can binge-watch movies and TV-series or just lie in bed.
- I dream of visiting Italy. I want to see the ancient city of Rome with my own eyes. I want to enjoy its architecture and taste their pasta. I wonder how they cook it. I’m also interested in Italian culture. It’s a very beautiful country so I would like to visit it.
- When I have the time to meet with my friends, we try to go to cafes or the movies. We never stand in one place.
- Sergei Burunov is my favorite actor. I have seen every movie and TV-series with him from Rublyovka Policeman to Home Arrest.
- I listen to all kinds of music. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Disfruto by Carla Morrison.
- I’m a difficult person. My biggest assets are my kindness and craftiness in the good sense of word. As for my shortcomings, I can name aggression and quick temper.
- Every game is like a holiday for me so I have never felt like not going to the game. It’s the exact opposite.
- A real man is someone who can stand up for himself, for his friends and, most importantly, for his family. It’s also important for hockey players to be able to stand up for their team and teammates.
- From my parents I inherited the ability to battle till the end, go towards my goals and dreams and achieve the result I want.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I look at is how they talk to those around them, their character traits and sense of humor.
- I’m not superstitious.
- I’m a huge gambler. The most important thing is to stop when you have to, no matter how much of a gambler you are.
- My father is my role model when it comes to men’s attire. He’s got style and sometimes I even borrow his clothes if I need to go somewhere.
- I try not to pay attention to clothing brands. If I see something I like, I just buy it without checking its brand. Brand does not necessarily mean quality. Besides, it’s important to feel comfortable in the clothes.
- There are a lot of blue, white and black clothes in my wardrobe. I’m not really into bright tones.
- Paco Rabanne Invictus is my favorite perfume.
- I don’t grow a beard. I can’t even grow one, it’s too early for that.
- I have a girlfriend. Her name is Ksenia. She’s a master of sports in aesthetic gymnastics. She loves hockey. She does her best to come to every game. She coaches kids and studies as well.
- A serious relationship is a necessity for me. I’m always happy to have a person, who’s ready to support me when times get rough.
- If I’m going to have a son, I’m definitely signing him up for hockey. As for my daughter, I would rather sign her up for gymnastics or dancing.
Career and studies
- I have played hockey since I was four years old. I plan to stay in hockey for the rest of my life. That’s why I have never thought about another career or job. My future is tethered to hockey.
- I study at Lobachevsky Nizhny Novgorod State University. I’m majoring in physical culture and sports. I go to classes when I have the time. I know my classmates but not every one.
- Higher education is an important thing. You have to have it. If you want to achieve something great, you have to be an educated person.
Not a lot of people know that I’m a pretty open guy. I never hide anything and sincere with everyone.