About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with Avto Yekaterinburg defenseman Daniil Valitov. Last season he won a silver JHL medal and continues to deliver this year. He shared a lot of interesting details.
- I decide on my diet myself. I try to eat healthy and keep it balanced. Seafood pasta is my favorite meal.
- I like to stay active on vacation. I don’t have a particular country I want to visit. I like traveling in general and learning new things.
- My friends and I go to the movies and walks in spare time.
- I can’t name a favorite movie or a TV-series but I like actor Chris Hemsworth. He’s talented and charismatic. I enjoy watching him.
- I’m a music fiend so I listen to all kinds of music. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Credo by Zivert.
- I’m a kind, goal-driven, responsible and reasonable guy. My biggest assets are my kindness and good manners. I can make people like me. As for my shortcomings, I would say it’s quick temper but I try to work on it.
- There has never been a time when I didn’t feel like going to the game. I love what I do and I give it everything I got. Hockey is my life and I prepare for every game physically and mentally. I believe, it’s very important. The right mindset affects the outcome.
- A real man must be reliable, smart, consistent and without a doubt able to stand up for himself and his loved ones.
- First thing I look at when I meet a new person is how they’re dressed. It’s more pleasant to converse with people who take care of themselves and looks good. Being is a slob is a bad trait.
- From my parents I inherited calmness, kindness, honesty and bravery.
- I’m not superstitious. I believe in my own powers and expect things only from myself.
- I’m not a gambler but when I play a game, I don’t like losing. I take losses hard.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I choose to wear whatever I like. I’m interested in unusual and unique things, something limited.
- I don’t care about clothing brands. If I like something, I buy it. There are lot of white, black and red clothes in my wardrobe.
- Comfort comes first for me. That’s why I prefer athletic wear.
- I have a girlfriend. We have been together for four years now. Yelizaveta loves hockey. She’s a figure skater.
- We’re both athletes and we understand that it takes a lot to achieve success and what the kind of difficulties you have to get through.
- Serious relationship is not an obstacle in sports. On the contrary, it’s important to have someone close who would understand and support you when needed.
- I would sign my son up for hockey but I wouldn’t force him into it. I want him to develop in all areas. I would support every choice of his. The same goes for my daughter. I would support her every beginning.
Career and education
- To be honest with you, I haven’t thought about who would I be if it weren’t for hockey. I can imagine my life without it.
- I distant study in Perm. I think that a good education is necessary but only if you’re going to pursue a career in that field.
- There are a lot of opportunities in our time and a lot of professions to choose from. That’s why in certain fields you have to have professional skills, a great passion and talent to flourish.
Not a lot of people know that I love going out to a shooting range in the country. I like shooting automatic rifles.