About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to the youngest Badanin brother – Ilya. The forward shared many interesting things about himself, his hobbies, preferences in music and character traits.
- My father decides on my diet. He’s usually the one who cooks. My favorite meal is beef steak.
- I used to have pet but I don’t have them at the moment.
- I prefer calm vacations. I like to stay at the beach by the seas. I dream of visiting Brazil. I want to get to South America and see the sights of Rio de Janeiro. I’m very interested to find out how people live on other continent.
- When I meet with my friends, we usually go to restaurants to talk or to the movies.
- I listen to Russian music mostly. The latest track I have added to my playlist is Jaws 2 by Jacques-Anthony.
- I’m a calm person. I’m caring and always ready to help my friends. I never worry about little things. I have good work ethic. Although, you would be better off asking my brother Roman about my shortcomings and upsides. He knows me better than anyone else.
- I have never felt too tired to go to the game. I always wake up in good mood on gamedays.
- A real man is one who can hold his word and be responsible.
- From my father I inherited self-restraint and ability to keep a cool head. Calmness is something I inherited from my parents, obviously.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I look at is their eyes and how they’re dressed. After that you can make conclusion based on what they said.
- I’m not a gambler. I can always stop myself. I don’t have any superstitions.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I wear whatever I like and don’t follow fashion.
- If something is beautiful and comfortable, I don’t care for its brand. I can’t say that I pay attention to clothing brands. I prefer athletic wear. There are no dominant colors in my wardrobe. There are black, white and color clothes.
- I don’t have a favorite perfume. I wear whatever scent I like
- I don’t grow beard. Maybe just a little. I don’t know if they like it or not. It doesn’t worry me much.
- Serious relationship is not obstacle in athletic career but right now I don’t really need it.
- It’s unlikely I’m going to sign up my kids for hockey. I would sign them up for any other sport just for health but most likely it won’t be hockey. We’ll see.
- I talk to girls who don’t know much about hockey and don’t chase hockey players. So they act casual when I tell them I’m a hockey player.
Career and education
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have focused on studying. I would be a scientific researcher.
- I study at Baltic Academy of Tourism and Entrepreneurism in St. Petersburg. I know all my classmates.
- Getting a higher education is very important. You never know what future holds. So you have to have the necessary knowledge.