About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to yet another goaltender. This time Krasnaya Armiya Moscow’s Vsevolod Skotnikov gets the nod. As the tradition goes, the netminder shared a lot.
- Nobody decides on my diet, except myself. I pay attention to what I eat. My favorite meal is simple enough – chicken pasta.
- I have never had a pet. I would really like to have a dog. I believe it’s going to happen soon.
- I prefer to stay passive on vacation. I like to lie down at the beach, get some tan and go to a restaurant. I’m not into seaside parties.
- I dream of visiting Mexico. I would like to see and learn about that part of the world, try local cuisine and swim in the Caribbean.
- My friends and I usually stroll down Moscow and go to a trampoline center. Moscow is a big city, so there’s always something fun to do.
- My favorite movie is 8 Mile directed by Curtis Hanson. I like rapper Eminem’s acting in the movie. As for TV series, I like Mazhor. I enjoy its plot.
- I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly rap. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Antisocial by Ed Sheeran and Travis Scott.
- I’m not sure how to describe myself. You’d be better off asking my teammates.
- A real man must be able to hold his own and stand up for his loved ones. He must be honest, faithful and caring. He mustn’t bow down to the public. He must be sincere.
- From my parents I inherited my determination. I believe everything is going to be alright and I never give up. I’m always ready to do whatever it takes.
- When I meet new people, I always pay attention to how the person approaches me, how they talk and act. When you look at the acts, you often know who you’re dealing with.
- I’m superstitious but not a gambler.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I pay attention to what other athletes wear and if I like their style, I try to buy something alike.
- I pay attention to clothing brands. There are certain brands that I buy and there are those I wouldn’t ever wear. Black and white colors are dominant in my wardrobe.
- During the season, I prefer athletic wear, especially when I go to practices. I wear classics when I go out.
- Byredo bal d'afrique and Loewe 7 are my favorite perfumes.
- I’m not sure if girls are into those who wear beards, but I don’t don’t do that. I shave it the minute it comes out.
- Serious relationship is not an obstacle in career, although I believe destiny dictates a lot here. Life does whatever it likes.
- If I’m going to have a son, I will sign him up for hockey but definitely not as a goaltender. If I’m going to have a daughter, I would rather sign her up for tennis or gymnastics.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have probably ended up somewhere in a mine. It’s difficult for me to talk about it because hockey has always been my life.
- I just got accepted by Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism. I don’t know any of my classmates yet. I’m going to meet them this September.
Not a lot of people know that I take extra care of my hair. I use masks and balsams along with shampoo. I do my best to take care of it before going to bed.