About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to Almaz Cherepovets goaltender Konstantin Shostak.
- When I’m in Cherepovets, it’s our team doctor who decides on my diet. When I’m at home, it’s my mom or my grandmother. Pasta carbonara is my favorite meal.
- I have two hamsters – Theodor and Elwin. They live with me at the baza.
- I like to spend my vacations quietly and just stay in bed. I dream of visiting South America, especially Brazil. I really wonder to find out how people live on the continent. I want to discover their culture and cuisine.
- I usually see my friends at practices or at the baza. Although, if we have the time, we can go to the movies or a restaurant for a nice meal and to get away from hockey.
- Green Book is my favorite movie, and Rublyovka Policeman is my favorite TV series. I like actor Sergei Burunov.
- I’m omnivorous when it comes to music. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Tutta La Vita by Lucio Dalla.
- I’m a regular guy. My biggest shortcoming is that I talk too much. I’m a kind and sincere person, who’s always willing to help.
- I always wake up happy and eager to play. There’s never been a time when I didn’t feel like going to the game.
- A real man must be confident and ready to stand up for himself and for his loved ones. He must protect his family.
- From my father I inherited my manhood, ability to keep my word, strength, being goal-driven and sense of humor. As for my mom, it’s kindness and sincerity.
- When I meet new people, first thing I look at is the way they talk and how they act.
- I’m not superstitious.
- My father is my icon when it comes to men’s attire. He looks very young and he takes care of himself.
- I pay attention to clothing brands. Black and white are dominant colors in my wardrobe. I opt for athletic wear for everyday life but if I have to attend an official event, I can wear classics as well.
- I don’t have a favorite perfume. If I like the fragrance and so do the others, that’s more than enough.
- I don’t grow a beard. I even ‘got rid’ of hair. I used to grow it long but I cut it.
- My ideal girlfriend is caring, beautiful, understanding and positive.
- Right now I don’t have the time for a relationship. I focus on hockey.
- It’s tough to say if I’m going to sign up my kids for hockey. Children have to have a freedom of choice and their parents have to support it. At least, that’s the way it was for me.
- I don’t believe in miracles. I think everything in life happens for a reason. Every man must self-improve and move forwards, relying only on himself.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have become a fireman. Thus making my childhood dream come true.
- I study at Cherepovets State University. Sometimes I even go to classes. I know my classmates and sometimes they help me with my studies.
- It’s very important to get higher education in the 21st century. Especially for athletes, because you never know what’s going to happen tomorrow.
Interesting story- Four years ago, when I played for Yunost Minsk junior hockey school team, I forgot to bring my skates to a road game. So I had to play in skates that were two sizes over. Now I always check my equipment thoroughly so I wouldn’t forget anything.