About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to one of Omskie Yastreby’s top defensemen Pavel Yelizarov. He shared his preferences in music, character traits, first time at Blinov Arena and much more.
- Team doctor, my girlfriend and my mom decide on my diet. I eat at home in the morning. I have to grab a quick bite of something because we practice early in the morning and I like to sleep a little longer. I have lunch at the baza. It’s usually either chicken or pasta. Dinner is my favorite process. What can be better than your girlfriend or your mom cooking something tasty for you?
- I don’t have a pet but I really wanted to have a dog when I was a kid.
- I like relaxing vacations, without any parties or noise. I can take a walk around the city or go to the movies. As for going abroad, nothing beats going to the seaside and eating everything you like.
- I see my friends mostly at practices but sometimes we go to the movies or somewhere else to get away from hockey.
- I can’t say a have a favorite movie. I’m really into comedies. Whenever a new comedy comes out, I go to the movies right away to watch it.
- I listen to absolutely everything I like. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Dikyi Yad by MriD.
- I have a difficult personality. My biggest shortcoming is that sometimes I can’t my opinions to myself. But other than that, I’m an easy-go kind of guy and I always help if I can.
- A real man must have self-confidence, ready to step up for himself and his loved ones and must take care of his family.
- Whenever I meet a new person, I always pay attention to how they talk. Also, I can’t stand it when girls cures in public.
- I’m superstitious. Sometimes even too much for my own good. For example, if we win the first game of the back-to-back series, I do my best to change nothing in my routine for the second game.
- I have a bad case of gambling. I hate losing.
- I have never had a role model in men’s attire.
- I don’t pay attention to clothing brands. I buy whatever I like. Usually, it’s white clothes, especially white sneakers. I love them!
- Obviously, my go-to style is athletic. I don’t have the time to go somewhere in business-wear.
- I grow a beard. I can’t live without it. I feel myself a kid without it. One of our coaches even calls me Beard.
- My girlfriend is my ideal. She’s beautiful, caring and understanding. She watches all my games and cheers for me. Sometimes she can’t even hold her emotions back and cries after big wins.
- My relationship with her is a necessity because she gives me support. It’s great when you have a loved one by your side when times get rough.
- I’m not signing up my son for hockey, unless he has an unquenchable thirst for the sport.
- Girls don’t have any kind of special reaction when I tell them I’m a hockey player. In our town everyone knows one another through someone.
Career and studies
- When I was in elementary school, my head of class said that if I wouldn’t make it in hockey, I could always be a great lawyer. I think she couldn’t have been more wrong! Although, if it weren’t for hockey, I would have opted for tennis. I like watching and playing it.
- I study at a college. I have almost no time to go to classes because practices eat up a lot of my time. I’m going to be honest with you, I don’t know a lot of my classmates. I don’t even know some of my professors.
- Getting a higher education is really important because nobody knows what can happen in our line of work tomorrow.
Not a lot of people know that my father played soccer. He played for a team where he was two years everyone’s junior but he decided to sign me up for hockey. He took me to a couple of games at Blinov Arena and asked me afterwards if I wanted to play hockey. I really like the sport so I don’t regret my decision.