About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to former JHC Dynamo St. Petersburg defenseman Bogdan Zhilyakov. He spoke about his spare time, favorite movies, music and much more.
- When I’m home, it’s my parents who decide on my diet. On practice and game days I eat simple meals – meat, fish, vegetable, sometimes buckwheat or pasta. I love Uzbek and Georgian cuisines.
- I have a pet cat Yasha.
- After season ends, my parents and I usually go to the sea. I try to stay active on vacation and go for walks often. I really enjoy fishing – I fish at lakes, rivers and sea.
- I would like to visit Italy one day and see Rome. I would also like to go to an island in the Indian ocean – Madagascar.
- I don’t have a lot of time to spare so I don’t get to see my friends often. We usually just talk on the phone.
- Apostle is one of my favorite movies.
- I’m not really into music and I listen whatever I feel like. Recently I was in Sochi and add Kaifuyem to my playlist, because I heard it all over the place.
- I’m an Aries. Sometimes I think that I have all the good traits of the sign along with all the bad ones. I’m very emotional. Sometimes even too emotional. I’m see things very black and white. I can admit my own mistakes, I can’t back down and will never forgive betrayal and dirty tricks.
- A real man must be goal-driven, self-confident, charitable and honest to himself and those around him.
- From my mother I inherited the sense of humor and kindness, while my father gave me persistence and fearlessness.
- I’m not a very superstitious man but there are I few things that I do but can’t share.
- I consider myself a gambler so I try to steer clear from gambling. I don’t take losing lightly.
- It’s difficult to single out someone and say that he’s an icon of men’s attire. For example, Dmitry Nagiyev always looks good and dresses well.
- Black and white are dominant colors in my wardrobe. I usually pay attention to athletic wear brands.
- XS by Paco Rabanne is my favorite perfume.
- I don’t have a girlfriend yet. I don’t have a lot of time for personal life at the moment. I believe my ideal girlfriend is someone who is also in sports, who would understand me and help me to get to my goals. Perhaps, I’m mistaken but that’s how I feel right now.
- I would most likely sign my son up for hockey, but if I’m going to have a daughter, I’m definitely going to veto that.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have probably be somewhere in the oil industry.
- I study at Ural State University of Physical Culture, I just finished my second year. I know almost all of my classmates well, even though I rarely go to classes.
Not a lot of people know that I gave hockey a second chance when I was six and a half years old. When my parents brought be to hockey school at the age of three, I didn’t do well. So they signed my up for gymnastics. But a few years later my dad offered me to buy hockey equipment and give the sport another chance. I went back to hockey and today I’m very happy that I did.