About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to one of the most surprising players of the last season and top rookie of Junior Hockey League jubilee season – Tolpar Ufa goaltender Dmitry Braginsky.
- I try to pay attention to my diet. I have read a lot on what an athlete should eat. I don’t have a favorite meal but I really like fruit and berries.
- I don’t have a pet at the moment but in the future I would like to have a dog – the kind that always remains small.
- In my spare time I like to be on the Internet and read articles about sports. As the matter of fact, I love reading. Although, recently I haven’t come across books that would really interest me.
- My friends and I like to go to soccer games. We cheer for FC Ufa. Sometimes we go to the movies or just walk around the town.
- ‘Strolling’ is my favorite movie. It’s about a funambulist who crosses from one New York twin tower to another. The movie is based on real events. I was fascinated by the plot.
- I listen to all kinds of music. I add everything I like to my playlist. Although, I would say that Avicii, One Republic, Imagine Dragons and Kygo are my favorite artists. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi.
- I’m a kind, responsible and modest person. It’s difficult to talk about one’s own upsides, I let others decide on that. As for my shortcomings, sometimes I can be short and pay no attention to what’s going on around me.
- I always want to play hockey. It’s my life. I want to be successful. I enjoy the fantastic feeling of winning.
- A real man must be first of all responsible, honest, caring and modest.
- From my parents I inherited kindness and modesty.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I look at is how open they are and interested in the conversation.
- Lately I have become less superstitious. Everything depends on our own acts.
- Sometimes I pay attention to clothing brands. But never to a point that I buy something based entirely on the brand.
- Blue is a dominant color in my wardrobe. Lately I have been trying to diversify it a little. In everyday life I prefer athletic wear. Comfort is the most important thing for me.
- I don’t have a beard. I don’t think it has anything to do with a man’s beauty.
- My ideal girlfriend is modest, kind, respectful, responsible, punctual and caring.
- A serious relationship is a must-have in athletic career. Because it’s all about constant support, which is something everyone needs. It goes beyond sports.
- When I’m going to have kids, I’m not going to force them into hockey. I don’t want to force my kids to do anything. I would like them to make their own decisions. They should do whatever their heart tells them. I’m going to support their choice.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have ended up in some other sport. I definitely wouldn’t be anywhere but sports.
- I study online at Bashkortostan Institute of Physical Culture. I’m majoring in coaching. I don’t have the time to go to classes. As for my classmates, I know only those who also play hockey and study online.
- Higher education is very important in today’s world. Unfortunately, athlete’s career is a short one. You need to find something else to do after it’s over.
Not a lot of people know that I still listen to music on my MP3 player. I have had it since I was 13. I love the player and I’m not ready to part with it.