About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to Krylia Sovetov Moscow forward Maxim Vyatkin. One of Setun’s leaders shared what he likes to do in his spare time, his preferences in music and much more.
- My parents usually decide on my diet but sometimes I cook myself. Bolognese pasta is my favorite meal. Although, I’m omnivorous.
- I have pets. I have a cat Barsik and a husky named Gordon.
- When it comes to vacation, I enjoy going anywhere where there is a sea, like Turkey or Egypt. I have been to many European countries. I like spending weekends with my family at a cottage.
- I dream of visiting France. I want to see Paris with my own eyes.
- My friends and I usually stay active. For example, at the cottage we play soccer and tennis.
- Brat and Brat-2 are my favorite movies. I can watch them over and over again. As for recent movies, I would recommend Interstellar. I like Mazhor TV-series for the plot. Pavel Priluchny and Danila Kozlovsky aer my favorite actors.
- I listen to all kinds of music. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Khitraya by T-Fest.
- I’m a friendly, caring and smiling person. If I see that someone is kind to me, I’m kind to the person as well. As for my shortcomings, sometimes I can be short and it’s obvious.
- I’m always eager to play. I find my motivation in the fact that when I was a kid I worked hard at practices so I would be a successful player when I grew up.
- A real man must be cultured and educated, finish what he started, set goals for himself and achieve them.
- From my parents I inherited determination and good manners.
- Whenever I meet a new person, the first thing I look at is how they talk and their manners.
- I’m superstitious in hockey and in real life.
- I believe I’m a gambler. When I get competitive on the ice, I see it through and it’s difficult to stop me.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I wear whatever I like and feel comfortable in.
- Sometimes I pay attention to clothing brands, but I prize quality above all. I usually wear classics or athletic. It depends on the occasion.
- Dior Homme is my favorite perfume.
- I can’t grow beard due to my age so I don’t.
- My ideal girlfriend has to kind, wise, caring, good-mannered and open in conversations. My girlfriend Elena is my ideal. She works in international trade and majors in logistics. She fell in love with hockey because of me.
- Serious relationship is not an obstacle in athletic career. On the contrary, it’s a necessity. My girlfriend’s support is very important for me.
- If I’m going to have a son, I’m definitely signing him up for hockey. If I’m going to have a daughter, I would rather sign her up for gymnastics or volleyball. Although, if she would want to become a hockey player, I’m not going to be against it.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would probably play soccer. I would definitely be in sports. I would also find time for studies and become a economist.
- I study at college and I know my classmates. I have tests coming up. I make up for everything I couldn’t do in academic year.
One time when I was four yers old, I wanted to help my parents unpack when they returned from a shop. I saw them through a window and ran to the elevator but they didn’t know about it. I ran into the elevator, pressed the button but it wouldn’t go because I was too light. The doors slid close but the elevator didn’t move. I managed to get down only with the help of one of my neighbors, who was waiting for the elevator at the ground floor. When my parents came home, they saw that I wasn’t there and thought that I ran away. In the end I came back about five minutes later and told them I wanted to help. We laughed for a long time, although I was kind of scared when I stuck in the elevator.