In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to JHC Dynamo Moscow alumnus Semyon Pankratov, who made his Junior Hockey League debut back when the team was named HC MVD.
- My club decides on what I eat. When I’m home I like to eat whatever my mom cooks. Caesar salad is my favorite meal.
- I have a couple of pets. I have a dog Jabbar. I’m also into sport pigeons. I coach them and compete at various tournaments.
- My vacations can be different. I like going to the seaside but I also enjoying spending weekends at home with my family. I dream of visiting France and Spain. I want to see their beautiful capital cities.
- Breakout is my favorite TV series, while Gladiator is my favorite movie. I never grow tired of watching it.
- I listen to all kinds of music. It usually depends on my mood. The latest track I have added to my playlist is Golosa by Andrei Zvonsky.
- I act differently from time to time. It largely depends on the situation. Sometimes I have a quick temper and sometimes I am calm.
- Hockey is the main thing of my life. It’s always fun for me getting ready for the games. I have never felt like not getting out of bed to go to the game.
- A real man is someone who holds his word, can protect himself and his closed ones, is easy to approach and has a sense of humor.
- I inherited all of my character traits from my parents. I’m grateful to them for raising me to be a decent person.
- I like to speak to ordinary people, I can’t stand show-offs. That’s why when I meet a new person, I look at how they act.
- I’m a bit of a gambler. I’m also a little superstitious but I never speak of that. It’s a deeply personal matter for me.
- My father is my role model when it comes to men’s attire. I have always wanted to be like him.
- I’m not very picky when it comes to clothes. I don’t pay attention to brands. In everyday life I prefer to wear classics. I get tired of athletic wear during the season. There’s a lot of black clothes in my wardrobe, it’s not easy to find bright colors in there.
- If I’m going to grow a beard, no girl is going to like it. So I don’t grow it.
- I would definitely want to have a son and a daughter in the future. I would definitely sign my son up for hockey, there’s nothing to even think about.
Career and studies
- I have never given any thought to what would I do if it weren’t for hockey. I’m grateful to my parents that they had signed me up specifically for this sport.
- I study at Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports and Tourism. I know my classmates because a lot of them are either on my team or my opponents.
- I think that higher education plays a very important part in life. Hockey won’t last forever. I’m going to have to do something else after I retire. I’m planning to become a coach and work with juniors but to do that I have to have a higher education.
When I was a kid, one awkward story happened and I remembered it for my entire life. My mom came to the kindergarten to pick us up with my sister. We were making our way to the car and talking. I come to the car, get in there like nothing’s wrong and there’s a man I don’t know. At first I didn’t even realize what was going on and then I rushed out there to my mom. We laughed about it for a long time. I became more attentive after that incident.