About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to newly crowned Kharlamov Cup champion and Loko Yaroslavl goaltender Daniil Isayev.
- There’s no one special deciding on my diet. I’m responsible for it myself. I eat what I like and I don’t have one favorite meal.
- I have a pet. It’s a sphinx cat. His name is Mars.
- I like to stay active. Whenever I have the time, I can play soccer.
- My dream is to visit Italy. I want to see all the sights of the country, walk around Rome and visit Venice.
- When I meet with my friends, we usually go to the movies. If it’s nice outside, we just stroll down Yaroslavl.
- I don’t watch TV series. Lefty is my favorite movie – it’s about a difficult life story of a boxer. Tom Hardy is one of my favorite actors.
- I listen to all kinds of music but it just so happens that it’s mostly rap. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Bismarck by Miyagi.
- I’m a kind person but sometimes I can get stubborn. Sometimes I have quick-temper but it happens ever so rarely.
- I consider myself a person with high work ethic, especially when it comes to my profession. That’s why I have never felt like not going to the game.
- A real man is defined by three things – kindness, being goal-driven and manners. One should always have these three qualities.
- From my parents I inherited perseverance and self-confidence. They have always taught me that I had to work hard and then success is guaranteed.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I look at is how they talk and behave towards other people. Only then I make certain conclusions.
- I’m a little superstitious but not really. Although, I do consider myself a gambler.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I wear whatever I like. I don’t pay attention to others.
- I always pay attention to clothing brands. I try to wear good brands. Black and white clothes are dominant in my wardrobe. I prefer athletic wear for everyday life.
- Givenchy Gentleman is my favorite perfume.
- My ideal girlfriend is smart, good around the house, beautiful and athletic. I’m single for the time but I would like to meet such a girl.
- I don’t think that a serious relationship can be an obstacle in athletic career. Having the support of you loved one is very important. Especially in sports.
- If I’m going to have a son, I’m going to sign him up for hockey. Although, if I’m going to have a daughter, I would rather sign her up for gymnastics or ballet.
- When girls find out that I’m a hockey player, they don’t react to it in any special way. Looks like quite a few guys are now hockey players!
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have most likely ended up in soccer or some other sport. I wouldn’t be anywhere outside of sports.
- I study at Ushinsky Yaroslavl State Pedagogical University. I rarely get to come to classes because hockey takes up all of my time. I know my classmates. I’m close with a few of them.
- It’s very important to get higher education in today’s world. It’s difficult to find a good and prestigious job without it.