About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to JHC Spartak Moscow goaltender Andrei Skovronsky. He spoke about his character traits, music preferences, decision on becoming a netminder and much more.
- My mom and our team doctor decide on my diet. I try to eat healthy and I don’t have a favorite meal. I prefer several meat dishes.
- I have a British cat. His name is Max. He misses me when I’m on the road and he’s happy when I come back.
- I usually spend my vacations with my family and friends. I prefer going to the seaside. I like seeing the sights as well as resting on the beach.
- Whenever I meet my friends, we usually go for a walk or to the movies. If we get the chance, we go to the country for BBQ.
- I like Marvel universe, but I don’t have a favorite movie.
- I listen to different music genres, it all depends on my mood. The latest song I have added to my playlist was Rap Saved Me by 21 Savage.
- I have a quick-temper, that’s one of my shortcomings. I try to stay calm because it can be a problem in hockey as well as in real life. As for my upsides, I’m a kind and fun person.
- I have never felt like not going to the game. I always want to step on the ice and battle for my team.
- A real man must be the master of his word, have good manners and be manly.
- I inherited my best qualities from my parents – kindness, timidity and being responsible.
- When I meet new people, first thing I look at is how they talk.
- I try not to be superstitious. It can be a distraction from work. I don’t consider myself a gamble.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I believe, every man has to have his own style.
- I don’t pay attention to brands. Blue, gray and black are the dominant colors in my wardrobe. I prefer athletic wear in everyday life to classics. It’s more comfortable.
- Frapin The Orchid Man is my favorite perfume.
- I don’t grow beard. It doesn’t really grow and I’m not that into it.
- I like interesting girls, the ones you can have a conversation with. It’s important to me that my girlfriend is honest with me. I hate liars. I believe, it’s very important to find your kind of person.
- If I’m going to have a son, I would sign him up for hockey. But I wouldn’t force it on him. The most important thing is that he would want it himself. I would rather sign up my daughter for gymnastics.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would probably study medicine because my parents are doctors.
- I study at Russian University of Transport. My major is management. I know all of my classmates and professors. I do my best to come to classes and pass the tests. I believe, higher education is very important these days.
Not a lot of people know that when my parents brought me to a hockey school when I was four years old and I saw a hockey goaltender for the very first time, I said right away, ‘I’m going to be a goaltender!”.