About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to Taifun Primorie Region forward Alexander Klisunov. He also played for Russkie Vityazi in Junior Hockey League, and represented Kunlun Red Star Heilongjiang at the 2018 Junior Club World Cup.
- I live at Taifun baza so our team doctor decides on what I eat. I eat a lot of chicken, fish, pasta and buckwheat. My favorite meal is French style meat. My mom cooks it well.
- I like to rest and just stay in bed. I’ve been reading a lot of books lately and rarely go out.
- I dream of visiting USA. I have never been there. I would be great to cross the ocean, see how people live over there and talk to them.
- Now You See Me is my favorite movie. Mazhor and Rublyovka Policeman are my favorite TV series.
- I listen to all kinds of music. It depends on how I feel. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Timmy Turner by Desiigner.
- People, who are big on horoscopes, will see me as a typical Aries. My upsides are that I can be a leader and I like to win. As for my shortcomings, I’m stubborn and I can’t accept it when I’m wrong about something. I also defend my position till the end.
- A real man must be responsible and have to answer for his acts. That’s the most important quality for me.
- From my parents I inherited kindness and forgiveness, even if somebody did something really bad. That’s what I got from my mother. As for my father, I inherited being a maximalist work-wise, the need to be the best and do everything perfect.
- When I meet a new person, the first thing I look at is how they’re dressed and talk. I don’t like pompous people. It’s something I try to stay away from.
- I have a few superstitions. I always lace my left skate first. It brought me luck one time, that’s why I stuck by it.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire per se. I believe that everybody has their own definitions of fashion and everybody have their own style
- I pay attention to clothing brands because I like quality. White, blue, black and red colors are dominant in my wardrobe but I have a little bit of everything in there. I prefer athletic wear because of my daily routine but I wear classics sometimes as well.
- I recently got ELSENBERG J’ose cologne as a gift. It’s my favorite now.
- I don’t grow a beard. I don’t like having it. Actually, I’m told that it’s not my thing.
- My girlfriend likes hockey. After meeting me, she’s learned a lot about it and knows it well now. Whenever she has the time to watch my games, she can even give me advice, tell me if I did something wrong. I cherish her advice greatly.
- I don’t think that a serious relationship, which is all about love and harmony, can be an obstacle in sports career. On the contrary, it’s a safe haven of sorts, because your girlfriend will always understand and support you.
- I would sing my son up for hockey. I would teach him a lot myself. As for the daughter, I would have to think about it.
Career and studies
- What would I do if it weren’t for hockey? I don’t even consider it as a possibility! Perhaps, I would have chosen something different but I can’t imagine being so passionate about anything else.
- I study at Russian State University of Sports and Physical Culture. I’m majoring in Management. Actually, I have almost no time come to classes, even though I would like to. I find it interesting and I’m certain that I would benefit from coming to classes. I’ve been to just one class this year and hadn’t had the chance to meet my classmates. I know only that Kirill Kozhevnikov of Mamonty Yugry is in the same class with me. He told me that he saw me listed in his class and asked if I knew what was our homework. He also doesn’t have the time to come to classes so we try to study at home and help each other out.
Not a lot of people know that when I was a kid I was in music school up until I turned seven or eight. I almost graduated. I learned fortepiano.