The first hero of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series in 2019 is Russkie Vityazi defenseman Gleb Kozhemyakin. As per tradition we asked him about his spare time, being superstitious, studies and relationships.
- Team cooks decide on what I eat. My favorite meal is pretty simple – pasta and chicken.
- I don’t have pets. I don’t have an opportunity to have them yet.
- There are a lot of countries I would like to visit again. I also dream of visiting Great Britain and South America.
- When I meet with my friends, we usually go to the movies. We can pick a café after the movies to sit down, talk and share news.
- I enjoy a lot of movies so it’s not easy for my to pick just one favorite.
- The latest track I have added to my playlist was the soundtrack to the cartoon Spiderman: Across The Universes by Post Malone and Sway Lee.
- Sometimes I’m rude to people who surround me. Egoism is another shortcoming I have to battle. As for my upsides, you’d be better off asking my teammates about that.
- I have never felt like not going to the game. It’s great that I wake up in good mood on gamedays.
- When I meet a person for the first time, first thing I look at is how they’re dressed and their character traits.
- It’s difficult for me to tell what I inherited from my parents. One thing is certain – they gave me manners and I’m grateful to them for that.
- I’m not really superstitious. But I do knock on wood and spit over the shoulder.
- I’m a gambler but only in hockey. I’m not into gambling.
- I don’t follow fashion so I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire.
- You can found not only famous brand clothing in my wardrobe but also things form mass market. I prefer gray and black colors. I prefer athletic wear and rare put on classics.
- Hugo Boss is my favorite perfume.
- I grow a beard only for the playoffs. Other than that, it doesn’t look good on me.
- I have a girlfriend. Her name is Polina. She studies. She likes hockey and she comes to the games to root for me. Polina really helps me. She cares about me and that gives me confidence.
- When I went to met my girlfriend’s parents, I felt uncomfortable but I didn’t have to be because everything went well.
- If I’m going to have a son, I’m going to sign him up for hockey. But I don’t think it’s going to be the case if I’m going to have a daughter.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have picked a profession that has something to do with communications. I’m certain that I would have made it from a consultant/salesman up to a serious position. The most important thing is that my career would depend on me.
- I study at MGPU. I have time for studies and I know my classmates.
Not a lot of people now that I once got lost in the woods while skiing. I’m not much for skiing ever since.