About the League
In New Year’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to Krasnaya Armiya Moscow forward Nikita Dolgopyatov, who shares his hobbies, character traits, pets and much more.
- My mother currently decides on what I eat. Although, during the season it’s up to our doctor. I really like pancakes and borsch with sour cream. My favorite meal is macaroni with minced meat.
- I have pets. It’s two cats. Their names are Masyanya and Vasya.
- Whenever I have time to spare I like to go on quests and stroll down Moscow. I like to take walks at Vorobyovy Hills.
- I really like travelling but I mostly do it with my team.
- I don’t have one favorite movie. I enjoy watching thrillers. I like “Policeman from Rublyovka”. I like Robert Downey Jr.
- The latest track I’ve added to my playlist was Amsterdam by Max Korzh.
- I think I’m a difficult person to be around. I’m a stubborn guy and I say it like it is. I do my best to treat everyone the best I can.
- I play every game like it’s my last.
- A real man must be a solid person. It’s important to present yourself and have manners.
- From my parents I inherited being goal-driven and self-esteem.
- I’m not superstitious. I’m a bit of a gambler only when I play FIFA with the boys.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire.
- I used to care little for clothing brands. It has to look good, that’s the most important thing. Now I prefer good and comfortable wear.
- My favorite perfume is Paco Rabanne.
- It doesn’t matter if your girlfriend is ideal or not. What’s important is that you love her.
- Relationship can’t be an obstacle in career. I wouldn’t say it’s a necessity but sometimes it’s difficult when you don’t have a loved one by your side.
- My girlfriend shouldn’t pretend to have qualities she hasn’t. She has to be herself and not wear any masks.
- Hockey is hard and tenacious work. That’s why I would think twice before signing up my kid for this sport.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have been a psychologist. I’m interested in people’s inner worlds. Another possibility is that I would have been an actor. It would be fun to try myself in the movies.
- I study in Yaroslavl. It’s a bit difficult to get there and I can’t come to all classes but I still do.
- Good education is a necessity these days. Self-improvement doesn’t hurt anybody.
Not a lot of people know that I was born in Moscow and it took me a while to decide on a university. My classmate Ivan Kulikov, who plays for Dynamo Moscow, and I decided to enroll to Yaroslavl Olympic Reserve School.