About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing series Not A Word About Hockey we talk to one of the top players of JHC Dynamo Moscow and U20 Team Russia – Ivan Muranov.
- I try to take care of what I eat and avoid fast-food. Although, sometimes it’s difficult. My favorite meal is lasagna.
- I have a dog of alabai breed. It’s the best and the smartest dog in the world! Her name is Zhulik.
- It’s tough to say what my ideal vacation is. It’s been a while since I was at the sea. There never is time for that. I do know that when I get there, I’ll turn off my phone and just enjoy my vacation. I have been to many countries. I would like to take a car and went on a tour across Europe.
- Unfortunately, I don’t have much time for my friends. When we do get together, we usually just go somewhere and talk.
- When it comes to the movies, I was really impressed with Gladiator in 2000 with Russel Crowe as the protagonist. He’s my favorite actor. I also enjoy the show Sherlock.
- I like to listen to Grigory Leps and Viktor Tsoy. The latest track I have added to my playlist is The Kill (Bury Me) by 30 seconds to Mars.
- Personally, I feel like I have a good character. I’m not perfect and I have my shortcomings. But I definitely never look for a conflict, so that’s my biggest asset.
- There has never been a time when I didn’t feel like getting out of bed to go to practices and games. What’s the point of being a hockey player otherwise?
- A real man must be well-dressed and a kind person who can defend himself and keeps his word. One of the main qualities in a man is to be able to deliver what he promised.
- I think, I inherited quick-thinking from my father, if you could call it that. Craftiness in the good sense of the word. As for my mother, I inherited my self-esteem and confidence from her.
- When I meet a new person, my reaction greatly depends on what kind of a meeting that is. If it’s a friendly meeting, it doesn’t take me long into conversation to decide whether I feel comfortable or not. If it’s a business meeting, there are a lot of criteria – from the way the person looks to the way he talks.
- I’m not superstitious.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I have never even thought of that. I can see it right away if a person is dressed stylish or not.
- Red and blue colors are dominant in my wardrobe. It’s all because of the club and national team I play for.
- I usually wear classics in everyday life. I rarely pay attention to clothing brands.
- I don’t grow a beard. I don’t like having it.
- I have a girlfriend, her name is Lena. Does she like hockey? I think, rather no than yes. She cares about me very much, especially if something happens to me. Then she remembers the name of the player who hurt me. She’s an inspector and she likes to joke after the games that she would press charges against those who hurt me.
- I would pressure my kids into signing up for hockey. I’m going to watch my kid and look for things that he’s interested in. That’s going to be our starting point. There’s no sense in making your kid do something that he’s not interested in.
Career and education
- I think, if it weren’t for hockey, it would still be in sports. My grandmother and grandfather are renowned volleyball players so I would definitely be in some sport. If it weren’t for hockey, it would have been volleyball or soccer. As for my profession, it definitely wouldn’t be a job in the office.
- I study at MGAFK. I’m majoring in hockey. I used to be in management but I didn’t have time to do both. It’s gotten easier now. I don’t come to classes often but I don’t trail behind. I know my classmates and talk to many of them.
- It’s difficult to be with a higher education these days. This is why I believe everyone should get it.
Not a lot of people know that my grandmother and grandfather are renowned volleyball players. Kliger Varlery Arievich and Kliger Tamara Petrovna. My grandmother is a silver medalist of the 1964 Olympics. My grandfather is a silver medalist of the 19867 USSR nations Spartakiade. He also won European Champions Cup in 1960 and 1962.