In today’s edition of our continuing series Not A Word About Hockey we’re going to talk to Avto Yekaterinburg – and formerly Ladiya Togliatti - defenseman Semyon Perelyayev. 19-year-old Perelyayev speaks about his spare time, character traits and express a wish to learn to play the piano.
- I currently live away from my parents and that why I decide on what I eat myself. I try to pay attention to what I eat. I don’t have a favorite meal. Any good is meal suits me just fine.
- I have a pet cat. His name is Persik. He looks like a Kuril bobtail.
- I try to take a walk in my spare time. I like to spend time outdoors. When I meet with my friends, we usually go to the movies or shopping.
- Where would I like to travel? I wouldn’t mind going to the USA. I’m interested in the country.
- I like to listen to the music. I don’t have a favorite genre. Nothing excites me to the point that I wouldn’t listen to anything else. The latest track I’ve added to my playlist is Dance Up by Myagi&Endspiel.
- I’m kind and calm but sometimes I lose my temper. That’s my downside. I try to work on it to get rid of it.
- When I don’t feel like going to practice, I look back at the times when I was a kid and my dad would sing me a song about he great five and goaltender. That’s what motivates me to hit the ice. It did back then and it still does now.
- A real man must be brave, strong, responsible and be an example.
- From my mom I inherited kindness and persistence and from my father – tough sports mentality and sturdiness.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I look at is how sincere is the person in his approach to me.
- I’m very superstitious. I have my own superstitions, which I always follow. But I wouldn’t call myself a gambler.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I try to find something for myself and not try to look like someone else.
- I don’t pay attention to clothing brands. Quality interests me more. I have a lot of dark colors in my wardrobe – mostly black. I prefer to wear classics because I don’t feel as comfortable in athletic wear.
- I don’t have a favorite perfume. I just buy whatever I like.
- I grow a beard but when it gets too thick, I shave it off.
- I believe there are no perfect people. If you love a person, you have to love his shortcomings, too. Nobody should chase idealistic images.
- I think that when love comes into your life, he gets more inspiration and will of doing his favorite thing. Real relationships can’t be an obstacle for career.
- If I’m going to have a son, I’m going to sign him up for sports. I can’t say for sure that’s it’s going to be hockey. As for the daughter, I would have to discuss it with my wife.
- I don’t really care how girls react when they find out that I’m a hockey player. Sometimes I don’t even bring it up.
Career and studies
- I have never thought about what would I do if it weren’t for hockey. One thing I know for certain is that it would have been sports. When I was a kid they tried to make me switch from hockey to soccer because I was doing well there as well.
- I study in Togliatti at Povozhsky State Service University. I know my classmates. I have some trouble with attendance because I live in another town but I try to make time for that.
- Higher education is an important thing in life. You have to understand that you can’t play hockey all life long and you have to think about the future.
Little known fact about myself
- I have a dream to learn to play the piano. I really like the instrument. I think I’ll get to it soon.