In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we speak with Atlanty forward Sergei Goncharuk. Before joining Mytsichi, he also played for Taifun in his earlier Junior Hockey League days. Although, let’s talk about something else other than hockey.
- When I’m home, my family decides on what I eat. It’s usually when I’m on vacation so I eat a lot. I really like home-made dumplings.
- I have pets – two dogs and a cat. Alabai Radomir and spitz Boston. The cat is of a British breed and his name is Tyoma.
- I like to spend my vacation with my friends and family. I like going to the countryside and play soccer. In-between games I try to get some good sleep, take a walk in the evening and go to the movies.
- I enjoy Marvel studios movies. My favorite TV-show is Rublyovka Policeman. Johnny Depp is my favorite actor.
- I listen to all kinds of music. I don’t have any specific genre that I like the most. The latest track I’ve added to my playlist was Mademoiselle by Kaspiysky Gruz.
- I’m stubborn, communicative, outgoing and kind. My biggest asset is that I’m goal-driven. Perception would be my biggest shortcoming.
- I’m motivated by winning and my team. That’s why I always want to play hockey. There never has been a time when I didn’t feel like getting out of bed and going to the game or practice.
- A real man must have a goal. He must have a clear understanding of what he wants and he has to achieve it. He also needs to be responsible, have his own opinion and be good-natured.
- When I first meet a new person, the first thing I look at is how open there are when they talk and their sense of humor.
- I’m superstitious. I have a few of my own but I never share them with anybody.
- I’m a bit of a gambler but only on the ice, not in real life.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. Although, I do like how my friend Semyon Zhuravlyov dresses. He plays for Ladiya [Togliatti]. That guy is almost dressed to kill.
- Most often I buy whatever I like. I don’t pay attention to clothing brands. There are a lot of clothes in my wardrobe of dark colors. During hockey season I wear athletic wear. When I’m on vacation, I prefer classics.
- My favorite perfume is Dior Homme Sport.
- I like cars and motorcycles. If it weren’t for hockey, I would have been working with them.
- I study at Togliatti University. I don’t know all of my classmates. I rarely go to classes because games and practices take up most of my time.
- It’s really important to get good education these days because you never know what can happen tomorrow.
- I really like cooking sheshkebab. I think I’m pretty good at it. None of those who tried it ever complained.