In this edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to former Mamonty Yugry and current Avto Yekaterinburg forward Denis Yerkin.
- I decided myself what I eat. As any man, I love to eat something tasty but I’m not too picky when it comes to food. There’s nothing unusual in my diet.
- Unfortunately, I don’t have any pets at the moment. I’m definitely getting one soon, though.
- When I meet with my friends, we often play videogames. Sometimes we relax at a café or go to the movies. If the weather permits, then we go for a walk. When you get tired from the games, it’s nice to just have a little get-together at home.
- I dream of visiting many countries. I don’t have any priorities; I just want to see the world.
- I like TV series Policeman from Rublyovka with Russian actor Alexander Petrov. It’s a great show.
- I’m really into music and I listen to all kinds of it. The latest track I added to my playlist was Sunset by Knownaim.
- I think my biggest assets when it comes it character traits is caring and kindness. To be honest, it’s difficult for me to assess myself, so you would be better off asking my family about this. As for shortcomings, I love to argue with people. Not everybody likes it.
- I love playing hockey and it’s always a pleasure for me to wake up on game days. I have never felt like not getting up.
- A real man must be responsible. He must be responsible for what he says and does.
- I inherited a lot from my parents. I’m very grateful to them for such qualities as persistence, care, honesty and kindness.
- When I meet a new person, the first thing I look at is how neatly he’s dressed.
- I’m absolutely not superstitious.
- I don’t have a role model when it comes to men’s attire. I don’t pay attention to clothing brands or fashion. I wear whatever I like. I have a lot of clothes in my dresser but it’s mostly sportswear.
- I’m not sure how much women like bearded men but I don’t grow beard myself.
- I have a girlfriends. She likes hockey, she dances and a make-up artist. I believe her and I know that I can always rely on her.
- I don’t believe that a serious relationship can be an obstacle in anything. Having support of your loved one is very important.
- I would 100% put my son into hockey. As for daughter, I would have to think about it.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would have become a soccer player. I played soccer often as a kid. Several of my friends are in soccer.
- I study at UKIOR in Khanty-Mansiysk. It’s difficult for me to go to every class. I go to school regularly only when hockey season ends. I know my classmates but not everyone.
- I dedicate my entire time to hockey right now but education is also a very important aspect of life. I think you should improve yourself in all areas.
- I remember one time in winter my dad forgot me at a gas station after practice. I opened the door and there was my hockey bag on the seat. So I closed the door and went around the car to seat on the other side when my dad drove away. He thought I had gotten in. Good thing he noticed it pretty quickly that he was by himself in the car, so it all ended well.