About the League
In this edition of our Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to talk to one of the most prolific scorers in Junior Hockey League history, Omskie Yastreby and Avangard forward Artyom Manukyan.
- Burger is my favorite meal. Unfortunately, I can only have them on rare occasions, but I have the opportunity, I’m always excited.
- I have a pet. It’s a parrot named Erik. I’ve had him for about a year.
- My dream is to go to Brazil on vacation. I like spending time with my friends. We can go anywhere in Omsk with them but we prefer to go to the movies.
- I like the show ‘Policeman from Rublyovka’. Tom Cruise is my favorite actor.
- The latest track I added to my list was ‘Vecherinka’ by Scryptonit. I like listening to modern music.
- Kindness and openness are my upsides. I’m always ready to talk. I’m a reciprocal person, who is ready to help in difficult times.
- I wouldn’t call myself superstitious but I’m a bit of a gambler.
- I’m always motivated to play. I never feel tired. The games themselves bring me energy.
- A man must be caring, faithful, strong and solid. These are important character traits for all of us.
- I inherited the sense of humor from my father and sincerity from my mother.
- I don’t look up to anybody when it comes to men’s fashion because I believe myself to be a role model. It doesn’t interest me how other men dress.
- I never pay attention to the brand of clothing because I can like anything. White is a predominant color in my wardrobe. I prefer classic style.
- Dior is my favorite perfume.
- I believe that having a beard is stylish these days and it has never bothered me, anyway.
- My ideal woman must be caring, understanding, kind and loving.
- I’m a bachelor, I’m not in a serious relationship. I don’t believe a relationship can get in the way of my career. It is very important to have a caring person in your life.
- I would like my son to play hockey but not my daughter. She’d be better off in gymnastics or dancing.
- When girls find out that I’m a hockey player, their reaction is very positive.
Career and studies
- If it weren’t for hockey, I would spend my life in the military and dedicate my life to protection on my homeland.
- I study in Siberia State Physical Culture University. I’m majoring in coaching. I don’t always have the time to go to classes but, of course, I know my classmates.
- Higher education is very important in today’s world. For instance, it doesn’t matter how great of a player career you had. To become a coach you still have to study hard and get a diploma.