About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Saturday series Not A Word About Hockey we’re going to sit down with the top-scorer of Parimatch Junior Hockey League regular season and top player of JHC Dynamo Moscow Alexander Kisakov. The forward shared victory tradition of Dynamo, sadly looked back at summer camp and told why he chose hockey out of many sports (and dancing) schools.
- My days off can vary. Sometimes I just stay home and play videogames. For example, NHL or FIFA. Sometimes I can stroll down Moscow with my friends.
- My teammates and I have come up with a tradition on our road games. If we win, we go to a local restaurant. And it doesn’t matter where we are – Khabarovsk our Stupino.
- I dream of visiting the Dominican Republic. I really want to come back to the country and swim in the ocean once again. Actually, I wouldn’t ever leave it (laughs). I really like this kind of vacation. The country has the Atlantic Ocean on one side and on the other – the Caribbean Sea. There nature over there is gorgeous and the weather sunny. You can swim there at any time of year, cruise on a yacht and go fishing.
- I’m an omnivore and I like to eat tasty meals. It’s difficult for me to single out any meal but I do decide on my diet myself.
- I had a pet. It’s a British breed of cat. Her name is Matilda.
- My favorite actors are Sergei Burunov and Alexander Petrov among Russians and Cillian Murphy among foreign. I really enjoyed his charisma in The Peaky Binders series. It’s one of those instances when it doesn’t matter that it’s a negative character. You still kind of root for him.
- I listen to a lot of different music. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Holiday by Lil Nas X.
- I don’t think it would be right for me to weigh in on myself so I would ask my closed ones about that. According to them, I’m stubborn, emotional, caring, prideful, goal-driven and I like to give orders (smiles).
- When I meet a new person, first thing that jumps at me is their fashion sense. It’s always nice to find yourself among well-dressed and clean people.
- I’m superstitious. I have a few rituals on gamedays but I’m going to keep them to myself. I can’t share this personal stuff. You won’t get far in sports without gambling. You can put me down as a gambler.
- I do my best to dress with style. There are a lot of guys on Dynamo with good taste.
- I like classic style. It’s great to see the way hockey players dress overseas. I opt for athletic wear most of the time. There are a lot of black clothes in my wardrobe.
- There are two perfumes that I use – Hugo Boss – Boss Bottle and Gucci Guilty Pour Homme.
- I don’t grow beard yet but I think about going for it in the future.
- I have a girlfriend. Her name is Valerie. I can’t say that she knows her hockey but she does watch all of my games. She always roots for me and worries about me. I’m very grateful to her for the support.
- If my hockey is going to like going to a hockey school, I’m going to be a happy man. However, when you look back at summer camps… (laughs) I can only feel sorry for him.
Career and education
- If it weren’t for hockey in my life, I still wouldn’t be anywhere but sports. I would have found my path in a different sport.
- I study at International Eastern European University in Law School. I study online so I don’t know my classmates.
Fact about Alexander Kisakov
- I’m come from a family of doctors. As I kid I used to take a lot of classes – soccer, swimming, chess and even dancing. But in the end I chose hockey. I just always seemed to have a lot of energy and my parents decided to try me out in sports. When the time came to choose one sport, I opted for hockey.