About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Saturday series Not A Word About Hockey we’re going to sit down with HK Riga and U20 Team Latvia goaltender Bruno Bruveris. Along with Eriks Vitols he participated in the game, in which Riga between SKA-1946 St. Petersburg with just 10 skaters dressed. Bruno was the one who stopped three shots in overtime paving the way for his teammates to score the game-winning goal. 18-year-old netminder has been called up to Team Latvia since he was 15. In this interview to Junior Hockey League media relations department Bruveris shared his need for speed, love for animals and his option to drive a yacht one day.
- Мy mom cooks well and I like her menu. They decide on my diet along with our team doctor. My favorite meal is the Ceasar salad. I like Swedish cuisine, especially their meatballs köttbullar.
- I have a pet. It’s a Labrador. His name is Buddy.
- I usually watch TV series in English so it would be easier for me to learn the new language. If the weather permits, I can go fishing. I like going to sauna.
- I’m a big fan of animals so I would really like to visit Australia and see a kangaroo with my own eyes in its natural habitat. I also dream of riding an elephant in Thailand. As for sea resorts, I would like to visit UAE in Persian Gulf.
- My friends and I most often stroll around Riga downtown, where the Old City is located. Sometimes we drive to Jurmala and, if weather permits, to Sigulda. Sigulda is one of the most beautiful towns in Latvia. It’s always very touristy over there.
- My favorite movie is Fast and Furious. I love cars, races, the drive and everything there is to that. As for TV series, I enjoyed Molodyozhka, because it’s about hockey. It was fun to follow the protagonists and their actions.
- I like British actor Jason Statham. He’s got great charisma and huge talent. He always plays exciting characters and looks great on the screen.
- I listen to Latvian music, I enjoy local hits. The latest track I have added to my playlist was #Sarkanbaltsarkanais by Bermudu Divsturis.
- It’s difficult for me to describe myself on and off the ice. I’m a good person with my set of rules. One thing for sure, I have great work ethic.
- If I accumulate a lot of fatigue, I ask myself why everything goes the way it does. After that the negative thoughts go away and I want to work even more.
- A real man absolutely must be independent and be responsible for his words and actions.
- From my parents I inherited punctuality and cleanliness. I’m also a responsible fellow, you can always rely on me.
- When I meet a new person, first thing I look at is how they talk, how polite are their words and actions towards me.
- I’m superstitious but I’m not going to share my superstitions with you. Let them stay with me. But, yes, I’m a superstitious goaltender.
- I like the classic strict style. Jason Statham is my role model when it comes to men’s attire. Alisher Mubarakshin has the most style on HK Riga.
- I can’t say that I always pay attention to clothing brands. There are a lot of clothes of vivid colors in my wardrobe such as red and orange. They’ve got a competition going on (laughs). In everyday life I prefer classics.
- Million is my favorite perfume.
- In my opinion, every girl is ideal in her own way, you just have to meet the right one for you. Loyalty and trust are important factors in relationships for me.
- A serious relationship can’t be an obstacle in an athlete’s career. It only makes me happy to have a loved one who supports me by my side.
- When I’m going to have a son I will definitely sign him up for a hockey school. I will share my experience with him. As for a daughter, I would rather sign her up for figure skating.
Career and educations
- If it weren’t for hockey in my life, I would have become a Formula-1 racer. I love speed and cars.
- I graduated from high school this year. I don’t study at any university yet. I’m just getting ready for admission tests.
- Higher education is an important thing in our days. The more you know, the easier it’s going to be for you in the future. That’s especially true for foreign languages. It’s really important to speak them.
Not a lot of people know but I have a license to drive a 24-meter long yacht.