About the League
In today’s edition of our continuing Not A Word About Hockey series we’re going to sit down with one of the top Belye Medvedi Chelyabinsk leaders and VHL’s Chelmet 19-year-old forward Danil Zinovyev.
- My mom and my girlfriend decide on my diet. During the season I do my best to eat healthy. Sometimes I cheat and allow myself to eat my favorite steak filet mignon or a burger. I really like European cuisine. Recently, I also fell in love with Asian cuisine.
- I don’t have a pet and I don’t have a time to take care of one either. I would like to have a corgi some time in the future.
- I like to stay home on my days off, just stay in bed and watch YouTube videos. Sometimes I play videogames with my friends.
- I dream of visiting as many beautiful countries as possible. Right now my priority is France. I would like to fly there. It’s a beautiful and romantic country. I would also like to visit Italy for its delicious food. I really want to try the authentic Italian pasta. I would also like to go back to America because that’s where my sister and nephews live.
- My friends and I can go to a restaurant, sit there and talk. In the summer we went to a cottage a few times when the weather was warm.
- I enjoy watching detective shows. My favorite movie is Murder on the Orient Express. As for TV series, Chernobyl and Breaking Bad were the ones that I really enjoyed.
- I listen to all kinds of music. I often listen to Skiptonit’s albums. The latest track I have added to my playlist was Aga, Nu. Although, prior to games I love listening to Faint by Linkin Park.
- I inherited my personality from my father, according to my mom. Especially, my looks. When he was younger he also had curly hair.
- All in all I’m a fun and kind guy. I always try to smile even if my day goes bad, I do my best to be positive for everyone around me.
- I’m a hard-worker. On gamedays I get out of bed with great pleasure and I’m always in a great mood going to the rink.
- A real man must be a confident person and achieve the result he wants.
- Whenever I meet a new person, first thing I pay attention to is how they talk, how they construct a dialogue and, obviously, how they look.
- I’m superstitious but I’m not going to share my superstitions. I can only say that I’m superstitious.
- My gambling manifests itself only on the ice. Off the ice I’m not like that at all, I won’t gamble.
- My icons in men’s fashion are soccer player David Beckham and rapper Travis Scott. They always look fashionable, stylish and it’s great to look at them. I really like the clothes they choose.
- On Belye Medvedi the most stylish players are probably me (laughs) and Semyon Balalayev. As for Traktor players I like Pontus Åberg’s style.
- I pay attention to clothing brands. There are a lot of white shirts and black pants in my wardrobe. But when I choose clothes myself I always prefer something more colorful. I opt for athletic wear in everyday life.
- Creed millesime imperial is my favorite perfume.
- I grow beard. Or, at least, I try to (smiles).
- My better half loves hockey very much. Ksyusha does her best to come to all of my games. She even went to Yekaterinburg a few times with her parents. She currently studies and she also does sports. We met each other through mutual friends.
- The serious relationship with my loved one are very important to me. When you sincerely love a person, you get his support, everyday care and good emotions. It would make anyone a better person.
- I don’t like girls to be rude, boorishness and indifference.
- If I’m going to have a son, who will show interest in hockey, obviously I’m going to sign him up for a hockey school and share my experience with him. As for girls, I associate them with beauty and tenderness so I wouldn’t want my daughter to be in the sport.
- Ksyusha and I are on the same page so we never were in awkward situations.
Career and education
- I have never thought about what would have happened to me if it weren’t for hockey. I would probably find myself in another sport.
- I study at South Ural State University. I only go there for tests because I can go to classes during the season.
A funny story happened to me when I was a kid. My tongue somehow got stuck frozen to the swing. That’s how I realized that I should pull my tongue out in the cold.
Not a lot of people know that I really like singing. Music is a part of my everyday life and I know the lyrics of almost all of the songs on my playlist by heart.